Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Vodafone Broadband Bandwidth meter: Total crap

I noticed that there was an issue currently occuring with the Bandwith meter for the 24th and the 25th:
  • Bandwidth issue  2008-07-25 11:32:57

    Some customers may notice that their bandwidth for the 24th and 25th of July is higher than usual.

    We are currently investigating this issue with our Engineers and we hope to resolve this as soon as possible

    Thank you for your patience

So I went along to My Vodafone to check.

While the meter in the picture below only accounts for my PC only (out of two), I am the biggest user of this household, so you could multiply the figures in my meter report by around 1.5.



Do note that my meter report may have slightly higher usage than the actual one as some packets may not be going to the Internet.

It sometimes fluctuates below my own PC's usage... and the 24th has a sudden peak spike (but the days before it were pretty unaccounted for)

Also, the 22nd of July is missing! Where did that go?

Some dates also seem to have huge delay in processing the usage (so sometimes the usage on one day goes on the next day).

I've seen problems with ihug's/Vodafone's usage checker a few times before. I haven't seen many occurrences of other ISPs having similar problems...

This also reduces the trust laid upon Vodafone's systems. I definitely know that I'll need to use my meter to check for usage rather than My Vodafone. Could this mean that we could be paying more for our data? (as if there is substantially more data usage than the actual one, then Vodafone have actually been taking away the value of the plan)

Vodafone's engineers better rectify this problem soon!

Read More

No comments: